Information for Candidates
Information for Employers
Find your new home in Drayton Valley!
The Town of Drayton Valley is a vibrant community nestled in the prairies of central Alberta. Offering an array of services and amenities and spectacular natural beauty, it’s a place full of tranquility, adventure, and connection.
Interested in employment in Drayton Valley? The Rural Renewal Stream can fast-track immigration for eligible candidates. To determine if you qualify, please review the eligibility criteria below.
To qualify for the Rural Renewal Stream, candidates must:
- Ensure they meet all eligibility criteria under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program, including requirements for job experience, education, language, and financial security. We encourage applicants to review the terms and conditions for the Rural Renewal Stream prior to applying.
- Receive an offer for a full-time, permanent position from an eligible employer.
- Get endorsed by the Town of Drayton Valley.
- Apply using the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program portal.
- Submitting an application or nomination by the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program does not guarantee you will be issued a permanent resident visa.
- Candidates who do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be approved to participate in the program.
- Candidates that are currently living in Canada are only eligible if they have valid temporary status in Canada.
- Candidates must receive a job offer from an employer who is based in the Town of Drayton Valley and has been approved by the Town under the Rural Renewal Stream. Please visit the Rural Renewal Stream Job Posting Board to review eligible opportunities.
- Both at the time your application is submitted and at the time the AAIP assesses your application, you must intend to and be able to work and reside in the Town of Drayton Valley.
Once an employer issues a job offer to you, they are responsible for submitting the offer to the Town of Drayton Valley Rural Renewal Stream to receive an endorsement. The Town will review the job offer and approve eligible candidates, prioritizing those who are most likely to successfully settle and reside in the community long term.
The Town may limit the number of endorsements issued by NOC (2016) group or occupation, or by employer.
Upon receiving an Endorsement of Candidate letter from the Town of Drayton Valley, you are ready to submit your application through the AAIP Portal. Please not that the Rural Renewal Stream includes a non-refundable application fee.
After your application has been reviewed, you will be notified by the Government of Alberta if you are eligible for the nomination.
Some occupations and job offers are not eligible for the Rural Renewal Stream. These are outlined and defined by the Government of Alberta.
As an employee, you are entitled to a workplace that is safe, welcoming, and free from danger. Learn more about your rights and responsibilities as an employee through the Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS).
A safe and welcoming workplace is an environment in which all employees are valued, included, treated with respect, and reasonably free from physical and psychological danger.
A safe and welcoming workplace has:
- Appropriate onboarding and training, establishing policies and procedures that clearly outline the company’s culture and values, defining performance expectations, and providing equitable opportunities for professional growth and/or advancement.
- A work environment that prohibits all forms of harassment, discrimination, and racism by ensuring that effective policies are in place both for reporting and responding to any incidents that may occur.
- The opportunity for additional levels of support upon arrival, such as language or skill building, a community orientation, and/or a mentorship program, that help to set newcomers up for successful integration into the workplace and community.
For more information on safe and welcoming workplaces, visit alis.ca.